Monday, October 20, 2014

Knocking on Doors

Yesterday I completed going to every door in SMD 5E10.  I went door to door talking to neighbors on the 200-300 blocks of Channing Street NE, 200 block of Cromwell Terrace NE, 200-300 blocks of Douglas Street NE, 300-500 blocks of Evarts Street, 300-500 blocks of Franklin Street NE, 500 block of Montana Avenue, 2nd Street NE, 4th Street NE, Rhode Island Avenue NE, V Street NE, 6th Street NE and the 2500-2600 blocks of 3rd Street NE.  If you live on these blocks but were not home when I came by I left a note.  Please let me know if you did not get it and I will be happy to stop by again.

The neighbors that I talked to all shared many similar concerns. If you live in building and would like me to attend a meeting please contact me.  I will also be available at the November 1st Edgewood Neighborhood Cleanup at 10:30 a.m. starting at 3rd and Evarts Street NE.

Neighborhood Concerns:

New Edgewood Recreation Center
Development especially at the Rhode Island Ave Shopping Center and 4th Street NE
Crime and Safety
Community Building and Neighborhood Events
ATVs/Dirt bikes
Ginkgo Trees
Activity in Alleys
Vacant Houses
Safety Cameras-both crime and traffic
Dog Park
Communication of meetings/events

No comments:

Post a Comment